Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Work Hard and try to play Hard

I have been meaning to blog for awhile now. I look at other peoples blogs during my rare down time at work, but have been honestly too tired at night to even upload my pictures or use brain power to write just a few words.
I have officially been working for 7 weeks now and so am still getting adjusted. It is sooo much better than school but it's just a whole new tired!
After about the first week of work, all the dental school girls still living in this area all went out to eat- so fun to all talk about the "working" world.This summer has gone by fast and I feel like I have taken NO pictures. Bo clerked at a law firm in downtown jackson for the last six weeks of summer and so they have been entertaining us more than once a week and on the weekends with really fun events. Sad thing is that I usually get home at 6 and have 30 minutes to spruce of my ponytail and put on a dress and go, but it has been fun! I am so proud of Bo and how hard he has worked in school, but now I am ready for him to be done- haha- two more years!A weekend and lake getaway was planned in Birminham. It was great- got to even hang out with one of my favorite friends Sara Beth Parks Cobb while there admist her neverending busy life- that girl never slows down for those that know her-haha! We stayed one night at Lake Martin and had a great day on the lake!The very next weekend I went for a quick annual college girls beach trip to Gulf Shores. Even though I was only there really one full day it was so worth it! We went to see the 10:30 showing of The Help on friday night when I arrived- sooo good. The next day was all beach and a good dinner at Lulu's and then sunday was a fun road trip with my friend Jenny- that girl has known me for a long time- probably knows TOO much about me- haha!Another fun outing with dental school girls, or doctas, at Fusion-thai and sushi place- really good!-for Loan's birthday- she will be leaving soon to practice in Texas. So weird how I spend four years with the same 35 people and then we all just disperse. Bo' s parents also came down in the past month and once again Mr. Jimmy has worked his magic and talent and built us this new swing for our backyard- how beautiful is this! Can't wait to use it this fall when you can actually go outside!!

No comments:

Post a Comment